Thursday 17 January 2008

GrabBee X+ trouble - how to get it working with XP SP2 (and maybe SP3)

If you are having problems with your grabbee appearing as a 2801 device or something similiar, this is what worked for me..

First, unplug your grabbee and uninstall all software related to it (jukebox, usb audio/video driver, etc)
Click here to go to the VideoHome website with the latest driver, download it (this will take some time as they seem to have slow servers) Install this driver and reboot. Now plug your Grabbee back in. This is strange but it worked for me: go to Device Manager (start, run, type "devmgmt.msc" and hit enter) under Sound, video and game controllers find 2801 USB device (or something similiar) and right click on it. Choose properties and click on the Driver tab. Next click on update driver, then choose advanced on the wizard. Next click "I will choose the driver to install" at this point you may have a choice of a USB 2801 device or a GrabbeeX+, choose GrabbeeX+ then click "have disk". Browse to where you downloaded the updated drivers and drill down to "Manual driver" then "32 bit" (or 64 if you're on 64 bit windows I would guess!) and click OK. Click next and the new driver should now install. When this is finished close device manager and insert the CD that came with you grabbee and browse to the "AP Software" folder and run Setup.exe, to install the video jukebox program. There is an updated version of this on the videohome website but it did not work at all for me. Once that is installed run the jukebox software and it should now be working!

Leave a comment if this helped you or if you have any suggestions to improve this method!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Herbie53
Hi
Thank you for the post.
I am missing my original disc for the grabbeeX+. I found the driver for the same but can't find the AP software. Can you please tell me where to find it or can you please send it to me. My email is mukulkothari@gmail.com
Thank you in advance
Mukul

Herbie53 said...

Mukul, your emails are bouncing back - your address is not accepting emails, have you another I can send to?

mikrik said...

Thank you for that post ,it never crossed my mind to look for an update to the application as well as the drivers !!!

Unknown said...

Herbie - you did good. Downloading (yawn) and installing the driver seemed to do it for me. When I went through your 2nd stage of trying to instal from the Manual Driver folder, it just said that it couldn't find a better version than the one already installed.
I've tried GrabBee with the 'Capture Video' function of Nero rather than Jukebox, and it's working fine (although I'm still typing with crossed fingers). This was a last resort after giving up on Dazzle90.

Tehila said...

Help... I lost my installation CD and need the Jukebox installation. Tried the AP on the videohome web site, it installs, gives some vague message regarding registration that needs to be done (HOW???) - and now I have no way of getting the jukebox.

Anyone who can provide me with that exe?
tehila100@gmail.com

Thanks...